Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Another boffo stock tip from the pot-addled hillbilly

A few weeks before the BRP (DOO on the TSX) IPO I offered my opinion that the company didn't have much of a future, and equated it with dog poo. 

Wrong again! Not as embarrassingly wrong as I was about Apple, but eight years later DOO is trading approx 400% above issue price. Wish I had more dogshit like that in my portfolio!

BRP has been a fascinating covid story. The stock collapsed at the onset of the pandemic, losing three quarters of its value in the first weeks of the lock-down, and closing below the issue price for the first time in years. That made sense at the time. Who cares about snowmobiles and PWCs in the midst of a deadly pandemic?

Another wrong call! Turns out more people than ever before cared, and BRP ran out of inventory in all categories.

Proving yet again it's not easy making accurate predictions, especially about the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment