Saturday, January 1, 2022

Duck fat spray

My new year's resolution; I'm gonna keep things light.

Yup, no more politics in the old blog. 

I'm getting a little tired of it anyway. I mean, I've been telling you for years America has devolved into a fascist corporate billionaire-run dictatorship, and nobody gives a shit.

So I'm gonna talk about cooking instead. The Farm Manager likes to cook like I like to write. I'm not even sure how we got on the topic, but somewhere along the line we got to debating the best way to reheat potatoes.

When you get right down to it, that's quite a fascinating field of study. Think Irish potato famine. In fact, there should be Potato Studies programs throughout the universities.

I'm surprised Ryerson doesn't have one, because they're usually well ahead of the curve on this kind of stuff, although, for obvious reasons, they'd have to market it as "Critical Potato Studies." 

But I feel I'm veering into the political realm again, so lets bring it back to the potatoes.

How best to reheat potatoes depends on what kind of potatoes you are reheating. There are potato dishes like perogies or their cousin, the potato dumpling, that can be passibly reheated by microwave. Everything else needs a real oven or stove-top.

That's where duck fat spray entered into the conversation. The FM claims the very best way to reheat potatoes is in the skillet, after you give the skillet of squirt of aerosol duck fat.

I had no idea!


How do they even get the duck in the can?



No comments:

Post a Comment