Saturday, March 19, 2022

Mick Jagger never gets his due as a harmonica player

Check this out.

That's some quality harp work, my friends!

While I would never in a million years consider myself a musician, I've had some fun times around the camp fire driving the harp alongside kids who are pretty good on the guitar.

There used to be a bar on Macdonell Street in Guelph called "the Chooch." It was hard by the railway station, as you might gather from the name.

My first and only gig as a paid musician occurred in the ante-room while I was waiting for a seat in the main room. I'd pulled out my harp to play along with a few tunes David Wilcox was playing next door.

A dude I vaguely knew as an affiliate of a serious biker gang took up a collection from the fellow patrons in the ante-room, slammed ten bucks in change on the table in front of me, and told me to put the fucking harp away.

So I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment