Sunday, March 20, 2022

Watching the sunlight sparkle on Indian Creek

I've been trying to spend less time with my face in the laptop.

That's why I found myself on the stoop, breathing deep of our forest air, focusing on every precious breath, and all the usual mindfulness verities.

Every year, with the spring melt, the creek will rise enough that we can see it from the stoop. 

Indian Creek originates at Mary Lake. From there, it trickles into Gowan Lake, and then into a marsh just upstream from me, and from there to the marsh at the north end of Bass Lake, from where it emerges as the Indian River, which meets Georgian Bay across the road from the Indian River liquor store.

That joint is one of my great real estate regrets. It sat there boarded up and for sale for two years. Every day when I drove home I'd say to myself, that'd be a great spot for a LCBO outlet, especially after they moved the only LCBO in Owen Sound from the downtown to the east side.

While I was thinking about it, a lovely Korean couple bought the joint and opened a LCBO outlet. I can't help but think the place is a gold mine. There's an awful lot of folks up Balmy Beach Road and out at Cobble who have ample booze budgets and would much prefer to stop on their way home than to drive across town.

Anyway, it was a beautiful sunny day here, although a little on the cool side. But what was really cool was, with the creek high, you can see the sun sparkle on the water, right from the stoop!



No comments:

Post a Comment