Saturday, June 30, 2012

Exercising your way to wellness and death

Here's a story that doesn't get nearly enough attention.

I flagged it many years ago when distance runner and exercise guru Jim Fixx dropped dead during a training run. He was a big deal in the world of amateur running. Even had a best-seller on the topic.

Fact is, what you need in life is BALANCE.

Ya, exercise is mandatory, but only to balance off that other stuff, like the hours you spend in front of screens of one sort or another with a drink at hand.

I know at least a dozen people who are training for marathons. Every one of them is pleased to inform all and sundry of their unquestionable moral superiority.

I exercise and you don't.

I'll be running in Boston next year. You won't.

You'll see me on TV if you look close enough.

Hey shitheads, you're wrecking your bodies!

Why not just do it with liquor and drugs like the rest of us?

No comments:

Post a Comment