Saturday, June 9, 2012

What's 'news' in America?

First off, Lin-Lo had some sort of accident.

Not that that's never happened before, but this time it was really serious. Apparently she left the scene in a Cadillac Escalade after running her Porsche into the back of a truck.

Which is quite unlike anything I would ever do under those circumstances.

I remember just last month, when I ran my truck into the back of a Porsche, I had to hop into my crew's Escalade just to make a quick get-away.

So obviously that's a big news story.

And let's have a pause for the reverend Creflo Dollar.

Those of you who are not on the side of Jesus may not be acquainted with the Cre-meister.

The Dollar-man runs a few churches and preaches the good word and has been laid low by his 15 year old daughter who claims he gave her a swat while they were arguing about whether she should attend a party...

Anybody who ever had a fifteen year old daughter has wanted to give her a swat. For the most part we are able to overcome the urge. For a man of the cloth to succumb to the urge requires, at the very least, an act of contrition.

So come on Creflo, say "sorry" and get over it. You know she's going to the friggin' party whether you like it or not.

But I find it odd that those are two of the biggest stories in the mainstream news at this very moment.

How is the national deficit coming along?

Getting bigger? Getting smaller?

How's Mitt's "corporations are people too" campaign going?

Frankly, I'm still in shock that he got out of that one without tar and feathers.

Corporations are people too?

Kiss.

My.

Ass.

America lets this twat be the Republican nominee?

America deserves everything it gets...


No comments:

Post a Comment