Saturday, September 14, 2019

I can tell a GTX from a GTO a mile away

In fact, I can tell a 67 GTX from a 68 from a mile away.

Differentiating between a 68 and a 69 would require me to be a little closer.

For the 1970 version I can zoom out a little.

The 71? I can spot the difference between a 70 and a 71 from a mile away...

When it comes to cars built in my life-time, I've got a pretty good handle on what's what. But when it comes to cars built in the Al Capone era, I can't distinguish between a Stutz and a Cord and a Duesenberg to save my soul.

It's Cobble Beach Concours weekend in Owen Sound. Pretty sure I saw both a Stutz and a antique Rolls Royce at the gas station in Springmount today.

At the same time.

We passed their tour on Grey Road 1. Some truly bizarre stuff, like those egg-shaped European three-wheelers. Also some Duesenbergs, Bentleys, and, if I'm not mistaken, at least one Cord.

Not to mention a 67 GTX convertible, a 70 Superbee convertible, and a very pretty 1970 Ford Cobra. That was the "Cobra" version that came on the Torino chassis and had the 429 motor. This one was bright orange and had a four speed.


Nice stuff!













No comments:

Post a Comment