Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Is it time to short Apple?

I posted something seven years ago suggesting the share price of Apple was a little ambitious.

At the time, Apple stock was trading at about fifty bucks. (post split $ )

Get out, I said!

You can make money shorting this, I said.

Apple closed over two hundred bucks today.


Sorry.


I sincerely hope nobody took my advice on that one.

However, I get a few right too. I recall pestering folks to buy oil futures back when it was twenty-five bucks a barrel. Then it went to what, $140 or something ridiculous?

Those few and far between people who listened to me made a killing. Unfortunately, I didn't.

I was in bankruptcy at the time. And I was too stupid to realize that you could have your left hand in bankruptcy and your right hand making a killing, simultaneously. That's a more important lesson than anything you're going to learn in business school.

My dear Tante Hilde used to have a little plaque in her kitchen; "We get too soon old and too late smart."


When I was thirty, I already knew that was true.

Today, I can taste and smell the truth of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment