Friday, June 15, 2018

Counter Counterpunch

From time to time folks who generally find themselves in agreement with the opinions I promote on this blog ask me why I'm not on Counterpunch.

My stock answer is that since Counterpunch is where I steal most of my ideas, it would be redundant to be there.

Plus, they've never invited me.

So fuck Counterpunch.

But I've noticed that there's a wellspring of anti-Counterpunch discourse welling up from allegedly leftish points of view.

Hmm...

Maybe the Anti-Punchers have a point...

After all, just today I read a story there that was, at least sort-of, pro Jordan Peterson.

Not only that, but there were two or three writers who found something kind to say about Trump's Korean gambit.

What the fuck has come over that St. Clair twat? Why is he allowing this proto-fascist shit on his website?


I don't see the problem. As far as I can tell, Jordan Peterson is the Ann Landers of the 21st century.

And so far as Trump's Korea gambit goes, how is it unreasonable that condo-hustler Trump would rather build hotels in North Korea than nuke the place?

While I'm pretty sure that more condos on the beaches aren't the solution to anything, I'm 100% sure that's way better than nuclear war.





No comments:

Post a Comment