Tuesday, February 11, 2020

I'm not an "emergency" kinda guy

Generally speaking, when I sense that I'm not well, the best route to take is to sit tight for a couple of days and see if things pass. 99% of the time that approach proves the correct one.

So when I noticed that the field of vision in my left eye was becoming somewhat compromised last Thursday, and getting more compromised on Friday, and moreso over the weekend, today I thought I'd slip into the optometrist's and make an appointment for later in the week, or maybe next week, to have this shit checked out.

Walked into the optometrist's office at two this afternoon. By 2:15 I had an emergency appointment for 3:00. By 4:30 I had an appointment at the Ivey Eye Institute in London for emergency eye surgery at 10:30 tomorrow morning.

Well, that's a fucked up thing for sure...


There's lots of folks out there claiming our health care system isn't up to snuff. Getting retina surgery at a top-drawer clinic within 24 hours of walking into the optometrist's 200 miles away would seem to be a damned good outcome for a system that doesn't work.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Neumann!
    Well done and so very glad things worked out! Yes, our healthcare system, for all, is the best there is on this continent!
    Take care,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete