Friday, February 24, 2012

Boot-gobbling hound strikes again

A couple of weeks ago we were working out the mystery of the disappearing Wellys.

Lucy has struck again.

Yesterday I was busy in the bush lot at the back, carving up that old elm for firewood. Brought a trailer-load back to the house.

The boots tend to collect a lot of sawdust, so I left them on the front porch as a gesture to the farm manager. She can get downright hostile when I track chainsaw shavings all over the house.

Without giving it another thought I let the hounds out this morning.

This afternoon, planning another firewood run, I went out to retrieve my boots. Nowhere to be found.

There is a small scattering of leather and laces and insulating material under the apple tree by the barn.

I think that used to be my boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment