Monday, February 15, 2016

Anatomy of a dismal weekend

I see where there may be some conspiracy theories brewing re: the demise of Justice Scalia. Found dead on a remote ranch in Texas? My guess is he was watching the NBA all-star boondoggle and couldn't take the excitement.

Well, as they say, when your time is up, your time is up. If that hadn't finished him off I'm guessing he would have succumbed to the Grammys tonight. Speaking of which, since when are the Grammys on Monday night? WTF is up with that?

There I was cosied up in the La-Z-Boy in front of the TV last night, waiting for the Grammys to come on...

Waiting...

...and waiting...

And waiting some more, and guess what?

No fucking Grammys!

No, the shifty fucks have moved them to Monday night, if such a thing can even be imagined...

Whatever.

So it looks like Junior is off to U of T in the fall to study the dismal science. Called up a couple of dismal scientists I know and they claim that's a reasonable enough choice. Frankly, I thought they could have done a little more on the scholarship end of things. If I gotta re-mortgage the place to put a kid through school I would have preferred he go to Wharton.

Like Donald Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment