Saturday, November 2, 2019

What's up at Counterpunch?

Counterpunch is having it's annual fund-raiser at the moment. One of their generous benefactors will match your contribution dollar for dollar for the duration.

Here's my question. If the "generous benefactor" moneybags can pay half the freight, he/she/they can probably underwrite the whole shebang.

So why don't they?

Counterpunch has been on my must read list for a long time. Recently, though, I'm finding that a lot of the folks I used to read there have migrated.

Avnery went to heaven. If he's still writing up there, I hope to read him eventually, God willing.

A few have moved to other sites. CJ Hopkins, for example, can now be found on Unz. I'd never even heard of Unz till I followed some of those Counterpunch writers there. I was, and remain, a little leery of the folks writing there who seem to think the white race is threatened, but free speech is free speech, I guess.

I also guess that Mr. Unz has deep enough pockets that he doesn't need generous benefactors, or fifteen dollars from me.

Meanwhile, there's still a guy whose travelogues appear at Counterpunch on a regular basis. He's a distant relative of Adlai Stevenson, whose clan came to America on the Mayflower, and one of his forebears actually held the back-up axe as George Washington was chopping down that cherry tree.

And get this; according to the Internet, this distant relative of Adlai then goes to work for Marc Rich! For like twenty years or something?!

Could this be the mysterious "generous benefactor?"


No comments:

Post a Comment