Thursday, September 23, 2021

Duelling Anti-Christs

 A couple of weeks back I used this space to let you know I was upping sticks and moving to Substack. 

Then I got some feedback to the effect that my new home was invisible on the internet.

I googled it. Nothing. I originally figured it was just too soon. But it was still going on today.

On a whim, I took a look with Bing instead of Google, and voila, there I am!

One of the disturbing aspects of our information universe is that the whole enchilada is controlled by half a dozen billionaires. These guys have way to much money, and can therefore bully everything and everyone to get their way.

That includes investing in AI so you can train algorithms to disappear offensive material out of that universe. Google can't find The Contrarian Ranter. Every other search engine can.

Which is funny. I would have pegged Bill Gates as the Anti-Christ before Eric Schmidt.



No comments:

Post a Comment