Monday, September 20, 2021

The Flying "V"

Not to be confused with the Gibson guitar or the Rolls Royce car with a similar name.

The flying "V" I'm talking about consists of Canada geese flying south for the winter. As I was contemplating life out on the stoop, which, let's face it, is pretty much all I do, a couple hundred geese flew overhead in what I assume was a trial run for the great migration.

This time of year is always busy with the trial runs. They gotta train up the rookies for formation flying, obviously. Didn't see much of a "V" overhead this afternoon.

Is was more a long string with a few tentative sprouts veeing out from it. They were low enough you could feel the wings flapping.  

There followed at intervals stragglers, a dozen here, six or eight there. Oddly enough, the stragglers had some mighty impressive "V"s going on. 

The stragglers will in all likelihood get to Florida first.

-------

It's election night and almost the end of summer. This is one of the few elections I've elected to not vote. I've got a handful of carefully curated options, none of which I find palatable.

Where's the party for Canadian sovereignty?

Where's the party for an independent made-in-Canada foreign policy?

Where's the party that won't reflexively kowtow to Uncle Sam?



No comments:

Post a Comment