Thursday, September 16, 2021

John Deere 820

As you know, sitting on the stoop watching the world go by is my default setting.

Every farmer in Bruce County was spreading shit last week. My local guys were at it too. Saw the neighbour going by pulling a manure wagon with a 1956 John Deere 820.

Couple of days later he pulls up the drive on his ATV. He's wearing a helmet.

We've been here 15 years and we've never seen Buddy with a helmet on his head.

Turns out he had the misfortune of having an OPP officer coming the other way one day last week. We don't generally see a lot of those folks, so taking a run up to the other pasture without a helmet kinda got normalized.

But the cop didn't bust his ass. 

That's your white privilege, I told him.

Anyway, I quizzed him about the 820. She was a two cylinder diesel. He's a John Deere man through and through. He's also got a John Deere 420, if one can imagine such a thing.



That's the tractor for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment