Saturday, July 21, 2012

Goodbye highway star

Jon Lord passed on this week. Another sign that everybody's getting older.

Those early Deep Purple albums were staples among the crew I hung with at the time. Spent some time listening to the oldies the past few days and a lot of it stands the test of time rather well.

I must admit I have trouble cranking it to the appropriate volume, as the  farm manager isn't a big fan. Highway star was probably responsible for more guys upgrading their car stereo systems than any other track ever recorded. It's still my favorite Purple track of all time.

So to honor the memory of Jon Lord I'm heading out to the garage with some treats and I'll see if I can figure out a way to patch this little Casio keyboard one of the kids left behind into that 200 watt amp I've got out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment