Saturday, July 21, 2012

The view from Mumbai

I ran across an article called The Arab Spring is nothing but an eyewash on the site DNA this afternoon.

Hmm... what kind of radical-commie stuff is this, I wondered.

Almost anti-American in tone, questioning US motives in this Arab Spring circus. I see it's based in India. Makes sense. They do after all still have a serious Communist party there.

Nope. With a little checking I find out that they're old-school capitalists. They started their paper and their website a few years ago, and it's one of the fastest growing news providers among the educated younger people of Mumbai.

Looks to me like those third world folks in India are a lot better served by their media than we are here with CNN and the no-spin zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment