Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I know how you feel lady; NASCAR bores me to death too

Here's  a sweet/sad story.

An elderly gal in Michigan didn't know quite what to do when her hubby had the big one right there in the La-z-boy in front of the TV.

So she threw a comforter over him and they kept watching TV.

For at least a couple of years, according to authorities. Only since December, according to her. What they agree on is she kept cashing his pension checks.

They watched a lot of NASCAR according to the story.

Which puts my personal NASCAR viewing dilemma in a whole different perspective.

From time to time I find myself watching one of those 500 milers from one of the shorter tracks. Round and round and round we go...

It'll be a sunny Sunday afternoon outside.

Round and round and round some more...

Sooner or later I inevitably choose fresh air and sunshine. After all, the good stuff is going to be on the highlight reel.

Besides, there'll be lots of time to watch NASCAR when I'm dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment