Friday, August 3, 2012

Pot-addled hillbilly blogger unmasked as top stock market analyst

No shit! You read it here first. I'm coming out!

I'm still a hillbilly, at least according to the farm manager. And as for "pot-addled", well that depends on the time of day, the day of the week, whether or not I'm expecting my dear mother to pop by for a visit, etc.

CNNmoney has a story about how Brian Wieser of Pivotal Research Group was the "first" analyst to put a "sell" on Facebook shares before the IPO.

Here's a news story from the Daily Mail in the UK from May 19. Brian made his call on the 18th. Brian lives in Oregon so the fact that this is an international story tells you just how astute the research department is here at Falling Downs.

Here's The Falling Downs call from May 12th.

Might want to pay attention to that last line: "go short, my friends, go short."

Sorry Brian, I was there a week before you... have you been reading this blog perchance?

No comments:

Post a Comment