Saturday, March 7, 2020

An embarrassment of riches...

There's plenty of folks I know who would consider this a dream scenario; the doctor says you gotta spend at least 23 hours a day on the couch with your head down. No work, no nothing. Just stay on the couch. Keep your head parallel to the ground, and don't point your eyeballs to the ceiling.

Been there, still doing it, and while I'm reluctant to look a gift horse in the mouth, a thirty day sentence to the couch is not the dream you'd think it was.

First of all, you get really tired of your own company, really fast. They say it's good to spend some time with your own thoughts, but holy shit.... after about twenty minutes of that I'm absolutely desperate for a fresh perspective.

One of the youngsters turned me on to podcasts. Sure, that helps, but 23 hours a day is a lot of time to fill.

You can stand your laptop on it's side and watch docs sideways. It's a crime what those hedge-fund sharpies did to those pensioners in Germany. And apparently there's still some controversy over the JFK assassination. I wouldn't know that if I didn't have 23 hours a day to watch documentaries on my laptop. Sideways.

Anyway, my eyeball pressure seems to be trending in the right direction. The vision in the "bad" eye is still horrendously bad, but better than it was two weeks ago. I've talked to a few folks who have survived retina surgery, including my brother Jeff. They can all see out of both eyes, which gives me hope.

I'm scheduled to have a checkup at the Ivey Eye Institute on Friday the 13th. That's the 30th day since my surgery, so I can properly drive myself to the appointment, as far as I know.

Hmm... driving seven hours on one eye on Friday the 13th?... 


Good thing I'm not prone to superstitions!






1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Mr. Neumann!From all of us in Port Moody!
    Ken, Jean and Lightning, too!!!

    ReplyDelete