Sunday, March 29, 2020

It's amazing how long twenty bucks lasts when you don't leave the house

I've had the same twenty dollar bill in my pocket for about a week now. I've also been wearing the same jeans that long, but who cares? It's not like somebody's gonna drop in and find out you stink! The only person who might notice is the Farm Manager, and she's been wearing the same sweatpants and T-shirt for so long she's got total immunity to whatever I might smell like.

As for leaving the house, I'm fortunate to live in the country with a 100 acre yard. Old Boomer isn't up to her morning 5K walk anymore, but we still get a couple of kilometres in every day. I'm trying to compensate for the missing three kilometres by taking up yard work.

That was triggered by my dear mother's reply to an email in which I complained about going mad with boredom.

"Your father and I have so much to do outside, we're certainly never bored!"

Thanks Mom, I needed that! You shamed me into getting off the couch, closing the laptop, and finding things to do in the fresh air. Last couple of days I've been focusing on cleaning the leaves out of the flower beds.

I've never understood leaf raking. Just run over them with the Lawnboy; they make a decent mulch. Anyway, I figure, what the hey, I've got the time... why not?


The peonies are gonna be spectacular this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment