Monday, March 16, 2020

Small World ruminations

So the Farm Manager shouts out to me that one of the Juniors just called with the good news that her beau has scored a really sweet gig with an outfit called "BMXT."

So I googled it.

What? The new guy just landed a job with Blackstone Mortgage Trust?

Holy shit?!

I had no idea the guy even knew anything about mortgages, let alone trusts...

There followed a little bit of back-and-forth, and in due time I found that the young lad in question had in fact scored a job with these guys.

That makes a little more sense!

BWX is just the old Babcock-Wilcox! The funny thing is, about 25 years ago they offered me a job there as a welding inspector. Guess what the new kid is doing?

Yup!

Crazy as that is, while I was noticing the Blackstone page, it looks like if you grab some of their stock right now, while it's in the throes of this downdraft, you're gonna be looking at a dividend of well over 10%.

Zero percent interests rates can't help but boost the real estate market...


Odd that's the business the Trump and Kushner families are in, don't you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment