Monday, November 26, 2012

Snow? November? Who knew?

I know from long experience that the local school board often enough has "snow days" in October.

But why is that first snowfall always such a shock, even when it happens at the end of November?

I have two snow-blowers on the premises. And a few shovels.

The ancient walk-behind was sitting in front of the garage most of the summer. When I say "ancient" I mean its metal panels are fashioned from what has got to be at least 16 gauge steel. She's one heavy old  beast. But I have to replace one of the back wheels, and fine-tune the belts.

This old girl is big on belts. There's got to be about three or four of them in there under the cowling.

And I've been meaning to look in there all summer, but there's always so much on the to-do list...

Then there is the snow-blower I attach to the back of the Ford 4000. While the Ford has a forward PTO the snow-blower doesn't have the mounting hardware, so whenever I use this rig I have to be in back-up mode.

You do this a few times at 6 in the morning in the middle of a blizzard, and suddenly those Las Vegas real estate ads look a whole lot more appealing.

And it's way easier to get your hands on a Glock down there.

But I think I could get life in prison for that quarter pound of weed that's stashed in the rafters of the garden shed.

Think I'll stay put.

But winter is a bitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment