Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ad campaign for the Big Ass Chair Co. Inc.

The farm manager here at Falling Downs was mightily pissed that I blabbed the Big Ass vision all over the internet. She figures oh great, only good idea you've had in fifty years, and you give it away.

I'm like, hey, the mere fact that I put it out there makes it Falling Downs intellectual property. We can sue! Didn't seem to calm the waters much.

Since I'm in the doghouse anyway, let me tell you how I see the ad campaign unfolding.

I see thirty second spots on late night cable. Judging by what's on there now they can't be too expensive. Here's where we work the ecumenical magic.

Like I said, the beauty of this product is its universal appeal. "Appeal" isn't even the right word. More correctly, there is a universal need for this product.

TV spot 1. Bat Mitzvah party. Folks are gathered in the backyard. Auntie Flo takes a seat, and...

TV spot 2. Hells Angels barbecue. The brothers are gathered in the back yard at the club house, feasting on pulled pork, when Killer Kenton from the San Diego franchise takes a seat, and...

TV spot 3. Hip Hop CD release party. The brothers are gathered in the backyard of the place the manager rented for the occasion. Lead singer Hefty Ham takes a seat, and...

TV spot 4. Graduation party in the backyard of an Indian family. Auntie Ahbilasha, hors d'oeuvres in hand, waddles to the folding lawn chair, and... KERSNAP!!!

Auntie, Killer, Hefty, whoever, struggle to get up, with that damned mangled tangle of cheap-shit Walmart lawn chair firmly clamped to their ass.

See what I mean about the universal appeal?

No comments:

Post a Comment