Saturday, February 23, 2013

My last resting place

I was on the internet looking at properties for sale on Deer Island. I've visited there a few times and I think I'd like that to be my final resting place.

I've pretty much been resting my entire life, but for a final resting place you want to put some thought into it.

I've impressed upon Junior and all the other Juniors that I want to be cremated when I "buy the farm" as they say.

And I want my ashes spread around the farm. There's at least a couple of the Juniors are gonna try to rip a page out of Keith Richard's "Guidebook for Living" and snort the ashes...

But I insist on the farm. Especially the creek.

But should that eventuality not prove convenient, please scatter my ashes elsewhere. Like in front on my place on Deer Island. That's where I'd like the final resting place to be. Right there in the channel between the south shore of Deer Island and Eastport Maine.

So buck up dear children. Your dear Daddy wants to rest up where he's not rested before. That'll mean a run out to New Brunswick for you, but hopefully I can leave enough in the will to cover the expenses.


No comments:

Post a Comment