Monday, March 18, 2013

Canadian PM gets dangerously close to having a good idea

I know! I share your sense of shock!

Big Steve is pissed that there's way too many Canadians getting BA degrees, and not nearly enough becoming welders.

As a welder with a BA degree I have to admit this is probably the first time I've found myself in agreement with the PM. It was a problem twenty years ago and it's a bigger problem today.

Thus far the only measure taken by the Harper gang to remedy the situation is making it easier for employers to bring skilled workers in from other countries. There's always been bullshit aplenty about training more Canadians for these jobs, but the consternation has never gone beyond the bullshit stage.

You get a welding ticket to pay the mortgage and put dinner on the table.

You get a BA degree to meet hot chicks in the Psych 101 course.

We'll see if Big Steve follows through.

No comments:

Post a Comment