Sunday, February 1, 2015

Hillbilly blogger gets serious cred upgrade

They don't make stuff like they used to. When we bought our Kenmore washer-dryer combo not five years ago or so, we figured it would be the last time that appliance purchase would have to be made. I mean really, a washer or dryer is good for twenty years easy, ain't it? By then I'll be sitting in a puddle of drool in the corner of the nursing home, waiting for somebody to change my diaper.

So last week the washer unit of our stacking combo goes for a shit. Hardly five years old. What the hell is that all about?

Damned right they don't make shit like they used to... now they just make shit!

The Farm Manager got right cranky about this turn of events. She was back at Sears with a bad case of appliance rage. I felt sorry for the sales folks... they were ducking for cover. Hey, let's not blame them. It wasn't some "sales associate" at your local department store that invented planned obsolescence.

But if you try to keep a positive outlook, you can find a silver lining even in a unmitigated piss-off such as this. As Junior and I were wrestling the defunct washing machine onto the front porch, I suddenly realized something...

I have now got, right as of today, on the front porch here at Falling Downs,  a broke-down washing machine!

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to make it into the hillbilly elite!

No comments:

Post a Comment