Thursday, February 27, 2014

Best story ever found on Before It's News

That's saying something, given that I've written a couple of thousand of them myself, but trust me, this trumps anything  I could ever come up with.

Buddy seems to be a bit of a hoarder, but at least he knows what to hoard. That 427 Galaxie is a keeper no matter what you store on top of it. Right now I've got a couple of lawnmowers and a drum kit on top of the tarp that's over top of the roof of the Mustang 50, and that's nowhere near the gem of a piece Buddy has in his shop.

Almost bought a Galaxy myself once or twice. One was a 64 convertible with a 390 and four speed. I believe the ask was $400. We're going back a few years here.

The other was, if I'm not mistaken, a 406 four speed that had been raced on the quarter mile circuit. Had a piece of chain securing the engine block to the frame. That was an old drag-racer trick that was probably more or less useless. But it looked impressive.

Shouted out "this motor is so strong it could twist itself outta this chassis" even if that was a complete lie.

But this story just brings back the old days. He's right about a new Subaru WRX blowing that piece into the weeds...

A fact that in no way diminishes the allure of that 1964 Galaxie.

No comments:

Post a Comment