Sunday, April 14, 2013

A night full of dreams

I'm in places that were familiar in my youth but are foreign... I know where I am but I don't know how to get home. I wait for buses/trains/trams that never come. Oh, buses trains and trams come and go constantly, but never the one I'm waiting for.

People seem to know me but they are strangers.

I navigate endless corridors through abandoned factories and department stores. Idle machinery, entire floors of once-grand stores with the displays intact but covered with cobwebs and dust.

Up and down ladders and stairways and walking past a concrete crew that chases me off their fresh cement... my phone won't work. I'm trying to call home but my phone won't work.

I'M CALLING HOME BUT MY PHONE WON'T WORK!

I can hear the echo of the familiar... but I'm not sure where I am...

Buckle up and put the pedal to the metal dude! It's just early laps in the Alzheimer 500!

No comments:

Post a Comment