And there's more good news; the newly enlightened NASCAR brain trust is also taking steps to make hispanic fans feel more comfortable. Yup, no more playing footsie with blabber-mouth bigot Donald Trump! That should pack the stands at future races!
Hopefully these are just the first baby steps in NASCAR's new age of sensitivity and inclusiveness. Here's a few suggestions that are sure to broaden the appeal of stock car racing even more:
- replace hotdogs with soydogs at the concession stands, because no living critter had to die to make a soydog
- introduce measures to make NASCAR more LGBT friendly
- cut out those Air Force flyovers in the pre-race ceremonies; it's offensive to pacifists
- eliminate national anthem because it makes Canadian fans feel left out
- get rid of that benediction before the race; it excludes atheists and people of other faiths
- award Cup points for trying hard, because winning isn't everything!