Saturday, July 12, 2014

Why does Kyiv Post, Ukraine's foremost English language news source, get its Ukrainian news from the US and France?

While I hate to be cynical, maybe it's because from its very beginnings it's been a conduit for pro-NATO, anti-Russian propaganda.

The Kyiv Post pops up prominently whenever I google "news from Ukraine". I assumed it was a serious Ukrainian news site. Little did I realize that it's a newspaper totally founded and funded by Western interests, and boasts a circulation of about 11,000 in a country of 40,000,000 plus.

Ergo, this is not a serious news source.

That first crossed my mind when I was visiting the Kyiv Post website today. It struck me that their top stories all came from the New York Times, or the Wall Street Journal, or AFP. How is such a thing even possible? Ukraine has been one of the hottest of hot spots world-wide for more than six months... how is it possible that a Ukrainian news site needs to get its Ukrainian news from New York and France?

Maybe because it's been a false front fake news outlet all along, with no roots and no legitimate Ukraine credibility, but a convenient way for the "colour revolution" democracy promoters in Washington to sway international public opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment