Saturday, October 11, 2014

Suddenly the expression "eat sh@t" has a brand new meaning

I once told one of my college professors to "eat shit and die." As a strategy for bringing my marks up it was, shall we say, counter-productive, but I did make my point, and by golly it felt good at the time.

But now eating shit is apparently an approved medical procedure for the treatment of C. difficile. Who knew?

This story from the LA Times gives you the full explanation. Seems that they can treat C. difficile with fecal transplants. Wow!

I wonder if the guy who figured that out enjoys the same measure of prestige as the guy who did the first heart transplant?

Anyway, modern medicine is a strange and wonderful beast. First medicinal marijuana, now this. If eating frozen turds makes it easier to treat a disease, I'm not going to poo-poo progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment